Fluid containment during drilling operations is possible
Measure the amount of drilling fluids released during tripping operations and the amount of fluids that can be collected by a containment system.
Data Collection and Testing During 4 Tripping Events
1. Total volume of drilling fluid released from the drill string
2. Total volume of fluids released on the rig floor and substructure
The System Collected 99.9% of the drilling fluids during 4 tripping operations and it was verified by the ETV Program (Environmental Technology Verification).
The result of this study proves:
- The Fluid Containment System recovered 99.9% fluids and avoided all contamination
- Significant ROI on Drilling Fluids savings and elimination of cleanup cost are realized.
- The Fluid Containment System is a proactive and sustainable solution for the upstream oil and gas industry earning social license to operate
- Significant Environmental Protection is achieved
- Significant improvement in Worker Safety will be achieved
Proactively Providing Sustainable Well Life Cycle SolutionsTM
Contact KatchKan.com for more information about this study
Article by KatchKan.com